Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

13.1.11

CAT results prove it, the leak did happen

The results of Common Admission Test (CAT) were officially declared on Wednesday by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow, but a few students already knew their results. As reported earlier by the TOI, there had been a glitch at the IIMs website on January 3, which enabled many students to get a peek at their results.

Pathik Shah, IT engineer from Mumbai, confirmed that the results his friends saw that day were the correct ones. "A few of my friends were able to see the results so I uploaded the scorecard link on my blog. I suppose it could have happened when Prometric was uploading the results to the database. They must have kept the server on while doing so. That's probably the simplest explanation. Now when my friends checked, they have got the same scorecard that they had seen earlier."

Students from the city confirmed that their results matched, as well. "My scorecard displays the same result that I had seen earlier. A week earlier, a link directed me to the official IIM website. When I entered my registration number, I saw my scorecard along with a photograph that was clicked just before I gave the CAT. Even though it said that the results were for CAT 2009 in the initial link, it showed me the same result that I saw today. A few of my friends were able to see their results as well," said an MBA aspirant from the city who wished to remain anonymous.

Soumitra Roy, MD, Prometric India, said on Wednesday, "The website hosting the results was developed, and is maintained, by a third party vendor hired by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). Because we did not develop it, and do not manage it, we are not able to provide further information about the issues that affected the website. Prometric takes extensive security measures to protect our systems. The systems used to develop and deliver exam content are managed by Prometric and meet the highest security standards. The score reporting system is not developed or managed by Prometric."
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU